Thursday, May 16, 2013

A whirlwind catchup, a Mother's Day gift, and a new item for the shop!

I'm back! I'm back! It's a miracle!

It's been "ahem", a while since I last posted. To say the least.

We've been busy around these parts. Our family of 4 has grown to a family of 5 with the addition of our little Reid.


We were smitten from the moment we laid eyes on him. He's a handsome little fellow who looks a lot like his daddy. Hence his middle name, Justin.


His big sister and big brother took to him instantly and are so in love. 




Especially this one...


My how he has grown since those early days. 


Here are are now, and he's six months old TODAY! Amazing.

Even though Reid is our third baby, there are still items on the "baby wish list" that I never purchased. I had a Bijorn with my first two which worked fine, and have loved using my Maya Wrap ring sling and New Native pouch style sling with Reid. I'll tell ya, when you have to make lunch for two hungry kiddos, it sure helps to have your hands free and a happy baby! Pop him in there, and it's one happy crew on my hands!

One of our favorite family activities is walking, either in the woods or even just in our neighborhood. The slings work great for short periods of time, but the boy is getting big (read: heavy) and I have been wanting something a little more, well...ERGOnomic...for our walks...

YES! My awesome husband bought me an ERGO for Mother's Day, among a few other niceties (like pretty jammies, a maxi dress, and yoga classes!! I feel more relaxed just thinking about them. But I digress.)

I't s amazing. It feels amazing on my back. He is so supported and it's nearly effortless to put on!



I have to say, the little dude is very happy in there. 


But of course, what is the first thing he does? Gnaw on the awesomely padded, soft straps right in front of his mouth. Not too big of a deal, but washing the entire carrier all the time would not only be tedious, but may cause it to fade or wear out before it's time. 

So I, being the crazy lady that I am, ran down to the sewing room before our woods walk on Mother's Day, and made up a quick set of drooler pads for that little guy to work his teething gums on to his heart's content. Reversible with easy on, easy off snap closure, they are perfect. And as a bonus, I can add a little of my own style to my carrier! 



Perfect for our Mother's Day Walk. And my back didn't hurt a bit!


After a request from an old high school classmate to purchase some for herself and her darling new baby girl, I decided to add these to my shop!




Aren't they darling?? I just love these prints by Sweetwater for Moda. It's part of the Noteworthy line. Perfectly sweet.


This is the first set listed, and you can find them right here, but there will be more to come! I will let you know when I'm all stocked up. Are they any colors or styles you would like to see?



I can't wait to make another pair for myself (and my little man) as well. He sure seems to like them!



 Did you do anything special for Mother's Day? I hope it was spent with those you love.



Warm regards,



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...